Tuesday, January 11, 2011

∆DIY∆ Stamped Mini Pillow

Things you need for this DIY:
*an old rubber eraser
*X-acto knife
*acrylic paint
*flat paint brush
*fabric
*needle and thread
*some sort of pillow stuffing

Total time:
2 1/2 hours

Total cost:
I had everything I needed for this DIY, it's best if you use stuff you have lying around. The pillow stuffing I used is some cotton sheeting I bought from the first aid section at the drug store but you can use fabric scraps, an old sweater or whatever you got.


I sold my first necklace the other day and I needed a smart looking luxe way of packaging it for transport. I decided to make a mini pillow to secure the necklace to in the box. I made this stamp of my logo out of an old eraser. It was such a simple design I didn't need to draw it first but feel free to doodle.


I used a brush to paint acrylic paint directly onto the stamp. I had to scrape paint out of the little ridges a few times but it worked pretty well. I really liked how the texture of the linen made the print look.


Here's the finished front.


I pinned the fabric, stamped side down, to another sheet.


I sewed three sides of the pillow with my sewing machine.


I stuffed it with the cotton sheeting.


And hand sewed the last side.


I stamped a thank you card and included a stamped postcard for the new owner of the necklace to use. I added my business card and bundled it up. Now it's on it's way to California!




Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. cute blog!!! and love this tutorial! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great way to package your things! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...