Wednesday, February 2, 2011

∆DIY∆ Ear Wrap

This post is having technically difficulties. See a similar post here.





Things you need for this DIY:
*17 inches of wire
*some chain
*cruelty-free feathers (if you can't find cruelty-free, skip the feathers)
*pliers
*a needle

Total time:
30 mins

Total cost:
$4 (excluding pliers)


These ear wraps have been popping up all over the place and I love how they look. I'm allergic to most metals which really limits my earring wearing options so I figured I needed a few of these.


I took the 17 inch long piece of wire and bent the end over about three inches (enough length to wrap around my ear). 


I bent it to the right shape. 


Then I bent the rest of the wire back towards the hook and wrapped it around itself making little loops.



Finished.


Then I poked a hole through the stem of the feather with my needle. 


I threaded the wire through...


...and wrapped it around. 


I added a bunch of chain and that was it!


Super easy.



Don't have the time to DIY? Buy it here.


Enjoy!

14 comments:

  1. Love this, thanks!
    Adore your blog <3

    ninawesome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving it! very cute! will try that out :)

    fell in love with your blog so welcome your new follower :)


    xxx


    http://imperfect-perfectionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful, but be aware that feathers from migratory birds are illegal to have in possession, no less wear. As beautiful as it is, and even though the feather was likely just picked up off the street, you could get in a helluva lot of trouble if you were to be reported.

    Just be sure you use a domestic turkey, chicken, or pigeon feather...you should be fine.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All my feathers are chicken, turkey, geese or emu feathers.

    I only buy feathers from local no-kill farms or online from this seller:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/100-cruelty-free-SMALL-CHICKEN-BODY-feathers-fluffies-/350413197994?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51964112aa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Will try it soon
    Thanks for the great DIY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's cute! me likey :) ps i miss you

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE YOUR DIY'S !!
    im goin' 2 follow ur blog!


    xoxo
    http://sjerishzj.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great DIY! Definitely Following.
    x
    http://cherryrediana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks!! Nice to share with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What size wire did you use for this project?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks guys!!

    @FRENCHY, I used 24 gauge but I'm sure 20 or 22 would work fine too. Whatever you are comfortable with.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks a lot for the tut!
    I actually did 2 remakes, here's the link to it:
    http://knotatallblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/ear-wraps.html

    They were fun to make, so probably a few more to come! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. All the pictures have an attention mark (!) image instead of the photos! D:
    Why is it so? :~/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...