Thursday, June 16, 2011

Not Dead

I'm alive, I'm still kicking. I know I've been gone for a really long time. I'm sure most of you have forgotten about me. I don't blame you. A lot has happened since the last time I blogged. I moved. I had no internet for a month. I made friends with LOTS of Optimum Online technicians. One of them peed on my toilet seat and then washed his hands in the tub. I went on vacation. I pet a little black lamb. One that I loved fell devastatingly ill and made a miraculous recovery. Two that I loved fell devastatingly ill and are no longer with us. I rekindled an old friendship and ended a new friendship. I put together LOTS of ikea furniture. I've eaten probably 20 burritos. All in all, I'm doing really good. I haven't been ∆DIY∆ing because unpacking has been my #1 priority. I thought it would be fun but mostly it's been a biotch. Anyway, I'm back...and I'm back for good!!

Here are some iphone photos of our new place. We still have a lot to do...who wants to come over and help?
























5 comments:

  1. you're back the day after i find you blog! perfect timing :) i'm obsessed with your jewelry and spent last night making a feather ear cuff and the draped chain ring, i do however have a question, how do you keep the chain ring straight and from tangling when you store it or take it on and off, i didn't do as many drapes as you did, i just did five chains but it's so hard to get it on and straightened out, it's beautiful though! i love it! thanks for the great ideas and inspiration!! i look forward to new blog posts. also congratulations on the new place and sorry for your losses

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Where is your table from with the 2 benches?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Pam

    Thank you so much! I'm so happy you are ∆DIY∆ing! I find that straightening it out and storing it on something like a small stick or forked branch works pretty well.

    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_B-5yabL65rw/TSOqCGozGFI/AAAAAAAAAQs/XCNeEh3uGQk/s640/il_570xN.201327266.jpg

    Adding more chain will also help. I don't usually have much of a problem with them twisting because the chains keep everything in order. I hope this helps!!

    @Liz

    The table is from Ikea. The table that used to be our dining table was too big for our new dining room so it is now my giant desk. We are planning on subletting our apartment for August while we are in Hawaii so we just bought this table to have a table but if I had it to do all over again, I would have ∆DIY∆ed this beautiful table from Stylizimo:

    http://blog.stylizimo.com/2011/01/diy-new-trendy-dining-table-in-1-2-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much for replying! that makes so much more sense! i only used one "chain ring" and connected the drapes to the front and back, no wonder mine gets so tangled lol, you're so smart! thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah. You're back! No, I did not forget about you!

    Your new home looks so ... homely. It is not "overstyled" but still one can see the person with taste behind it :)
    Makes me even more curious and exited to move to Berlin in September and for the first time ever be able to decorate and furnish a flat myself completely.

    Hope you stay back with us for more such inspiration!!

    cheers! Jana
    from www.elilos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...