Friday, October 21, 2011

Melancholy

I have spent the last month and a half splitting my time between wedding planning and working my fingers to the bone. Working has actually been way more fun, wedding planning is HARD and I'm just not really a wedding person. Anyway, I've been obsessed with color. I see color combinations everywhere...when I close my eyes. All my new pieces (which you will be seeing next week) are vibrant and fun and quirky and they beg to infuse fall with a little youthful-ish joy. But as the weather gets colder and the days get shorter I'm kinda losing steam. The thing I love most about living in New York after growing up in California is how the seasons get into your bones. I love how romantic and a little bit sad Fall makes me feel but it's killing my color craving. Now I just want velvety blacks and warm grays and freakin burnt sienna. I don't want to see movies about dessert road trips, only disappointing rainy love stories. How goth am I now? This could be a problem... 

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...