Friday, December 16, 2011

La Dolce Vita

I realize this is a bit of a controversial opinion, but I hate almost all wedding dresses. In fact, I am finding that I hate a lot of things about weddings but big pouffy stupid dresses really take me over the edge. Why do we have to look so ridiculous when we get married? The grooms get to wear suits and we have to wear costumes? I realize it's every brides' choice what to wear but I think there is a lot of cultural pressure to be a princess on your wedding day. I have no desire to be a princess. Actually, the idea of everyone looking at me and having the whole event be about me (and Rubin of course) makes me sick with nervousness. I just want to marry the most wonderful man on the planet quietly with my toes in the sand. I really don't need all the fuss. I guess I am just a shy bride and I will be a shy bride in a dress that I would totally wear in normal life...like at the Oscars...I mean hello, it's my wedding. 






































Via Fashion Quarterly NZ

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way. I'm wearing a sundress to my wedding, and my fiance' and I are having a barbeque/kegger. Basically we just want an excuse to have a picnic with all our favorite people.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...